Network Virtualization on MEC and SD-WAN
5G is anticipated to unlock the new business models that will enable operators to create new revenue streams, made possible by virtualizing the edge so that diverse networking and service delivery models can be available. Recently successful applications include consolidated branch networking via SD-WAN, multi-access edge computing with ultra-low latency to enhanced mobile bandwidth and massive IoT communications. Thus, for communication operators to enhance service agility, scalability and flexibility in their network architecture, virtualization at the edge network will have huge influence to realize 5G connectivity.
Multi-Access Edge Computing
Enabling Ultra Low Latency Communication
MEC refers to the ability to perform critical core network functions, covering the compute, storage and analytics, at the network edge so that latency is substantially reduced when traffic can be routed to the edge first instead of to the cloud directly. Under this infrastructure, the orchestration aggregates the compute and storage resources, along with networking capability to run user applications at the edge, within proximity to where requests and traffics are generated.
SD-WAN and SD-Security
Pre-Validated Solutions for time-to-market Deployment
The roll-out of new SD-WAN services involves comprehensive validation and integration, which could impact the lead-time schedule or miss potential opportunities. Lanner supplies the virtualization-optimized open network platforms pre-validated with leading software providers, making these appliances optimized for accelerating the deployments of SD-WAN, SD-security, QoS and OSS/BSS orchestrations.
Featured Network Platforms
- Intel® Atom® C3000 Processor (Codenamed Denverton)
- Max. 4x RJ45 w/ 1 Pair of Gen3 Bypass, 2x SFP & 2x RJ45 (By SKU)
- 2x 260-pin DDR4 2400/2133/1866MHz ECC/Non-ECC SODIMM (by SKU), Max. 32GB
AI Analytics Appliance
- 3U High Performance Storage Server Appliance
- Support Dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3/v4 Series CPUs and max. up to 16x DDR4 R-DIMM
- 16 x hot swappable 3.5” storage bays
AI Analytics Appliance
- Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family with C621/C627 PCH
- Up to 20x 288-pin DIMM and 640GB DDR4 2666MHz REG DIMM
- 2x GbE RJ45 or 2x 10G SFP+ Management Ports (By SKU)
- High availability, full redundancy and extreme high performance
- 6 CPU blades in the rear, per blade supports up to 2 Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3/v4 CPUs and 16x DDR4
- BCM StrataXGS™ Trident-II/II+ Switch Fabric with 720/1280 Gbps