The digital transformation has driven distributed enterprises to adopt cloud data centers and SaaS (Software as a Service) to improve serviceability, and thus SD-WAN has become the ultimate solution to optimize branch office connectivity as more and more cloud applications are used.
The SD-Branch is considered as the evolution of SD-WAN. Since branches are located all over the globe, traditional WAN architecture is inadequate to support the growing use of cloud-based applications. Thus, the concept of SD-Branch has been introduced to address the obstacle. The SD-Branch leverages SD-WAN technology and consolidates multiple networking functions into a single software-defined vCPE platform. All the functions related to branch connectivity and network security are virtualized and centralized. This innovative architecture enables distributed enterprises a simplified and consolidated branch network with enhanced service agility, security and QoS (Quality of Service).
vCPE for SD-Branch
Ensure service flexibility, security & manageability
The SD-Branch takes advantage of design concepts such as virtual customer premises equipment (vCPE) to enable the hosting of third-party virtualized network functions (VNFs) — thus furthering the ability to software-define the entire stack of branch services and leverage network functions virtualization (NFV) infrastructure and benefits.
Also, the emergence of Zero-Touch Provisioning (ZTP) has enabled the simplified installation of vCPE devices in the designated environment. The SD-WAN nature allows the installed vCPE to instantly download software and OS configurations, through network protocols so that customers can execute the features once the vCPE is installed.
High Core Count
IPMI Remote Control
F.A.S.T NIC Module
Wide Range of vCPE Platforms for SD-Branch
- Support Dual Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family
- 4x 10G SFP+ or 4x RJ45, 4x NIC Module Slots
- 6x Individual Swappable Fans, 850W 1+1 ATX Redundant PSUs
- Intel® Xeon D-2100 4~16 Cores Processor
- 10x RJ45 w/ 8x PoE+, 4x 10G SFP+
- 4x Hot-swappable Cooling Fans, 1+1 Redundant PSU
- Intel® Xeon® D-1500 8~16 Cores Processor
- 300W Redundant PSUs, 2 x Cooling Fans
- 16x RJ45, 2x 10G SFP+, 1x NIC Module Slot
- Intel® Atom® C3000 Processor
- Max. 4x RJ45 w/ 1 Pair of Gen3 Bypass, 2x SFP & 2x RJ45 (By SKU)
- 2x Mini-PCIe, 1x M.2 2242 B Key, 2x Nano SIM for M.2