The digital transformation has driven distributed enterprises to adopt cloud data centers and SaaS (Software as a Service) to improve serviceability, and thus SD-WAN has become the ultimate solution to optimize branch office connectivity as more and more cloud applications are used.
The SD-Branch is considered as the evolution of SD-WAN. Since branches are located all over the globe, traditional WAN architecture is inadequate to support the growing use of cloud-based applications. Thus, the concept of SD-Branch has been introduced to address the obstacle. The SD-Branch leverages SD-WAN technology and consolidates multiple networking functions into a single software-defined vCPE platform. All the functions related to branch connectivity and network security are virtualized and centralized. This innovative architecture enables distributed enterprises a simplified and consolidated branch network with enhanced service agility, security and QoS (Quality of Service).
vCPE for SD-Branch
Ensure service flexibility, security & manageability
The SD-Branch takes advantage of design concepts such as virtual customer premises equipment (vCPE) to enable the hosting of third-party virtualized network functions (VNFs) — thus furthering the ability to software-define the entire stack of branch services and leverage network functions virtualization (NFV) infrastructure and benefits.
Also, the emergence of Zero-Touch Provisioning (ZTP) has enabled the simplified installation of vCPE devices in the designated environment. The SD-WAN nature allows the installed vCPE to instantly download software and OS configurations, through network protocols so that customers can execute the features once the vCPE is installed.
SD-Branch Deployment Scenario
High Core Count
IPMI Remote Control
F.A.S.T NIC Module
Wide Range of vCPE Platforms for SD-Branch
- Support Dual Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family
- 4x 10G SFP+ or 4x RJ45, 4x NIC Module Slots
- 6x Individual Swappable Fans, 850W 1+1 ATX Redundant PSUs
- Intel® Xeon D-2100 4~16 Cores Processor
- 10x RJ45 w/ 8x PoE+, 4x 10G SFP+
- 4x Hot-swappable Cooling Fans, 1+1 Redundant PSU
- Intel® Xeon® D-1500 8~16 Cores Processor
- 300W Redundant PSUs, 2 x Cooling Fans
- 16x RJ45, 2x 10G SFP+, 1x NIC Module Slot
- Intel® Atom® C3000 Processor
- Max. 4x RJ45 w/ 1 Pair of Gen3 Bypass, 2x SFP & 2x RJ45 (By SKU)
- 2x Mini-PCIe, 1x M.2 2242 B Key, 2x Nano SIM for M.2