The interactive display system was to provide an immersive learning experience, in the shape of electronic whiteboards, for both teachers and students and to bring to auto showrooms a virtual test-driving experience for potential car buyers, via input from users.
This large-scale interactive whiteboard display system is based on this company’s popular series of displays and will have to support the 4K, also known as the Ultra HD resolution. Such Ultra HD resolution requires the inclusion of an OPS module and the integration of this particular module must meet the following two conditions: first, it cannot in any way change hardware’s compact design, and second, it should not decrease the hardware performance.
In order to meet the aforementioned hardware requirements, Lanner designed and built the LEC-7388, an OPS module, from the ground up. Lanner was at the time the first IPC manufacturer to have developed hardware solutions with such OPS interface for implementing the Ultra HD technology; also worth mentioning is the fact that this 4K-ready module was 100 percent customized, all the way from designing, manufacturing to testing and packaging.
Notable specifications are:
- 4th generation Intel Core i3/i5/i7(codenamed Haswell) CPU: ensuring performance and reliability for Ultra HD applications
- Compact form factor: measured at 118mm x 180mm x 30mm, fitting almost all 4K-ready and OPS-compatible displays
- Rich I/O interface: providing flexibility for management and expansion
In addition to interactive whiteboard displays, the LEC-7388 is ideal also for broadcast content delivery and airport video surveillance.
The Open Pluggable Standard on which the LEC-7388 is based offers three major benefits:
- Speeding up the development and simplifying the deployment of interconnected devices
- Drawing up a blueprint for designing compact and streamlined hardware
- Future-proofing interoperability, upgradability and scalability
The LEC-7388 not only is becoming one of Lanner’s most inquired about hardware solutions, it has also spawned the birth of a brand new appliance for Lanner’s LEC-7 Series of products