Setting up network infrastructures for transportation applications could be complicated when establishing integrated connections for the internal and external subsystems. In fact, most currently used mobile communications in transportation environments like cargo ships and trains adopt multiple WANs (Wide Area Networks) networks to connect subsystems like GPS and also passenger infotainment system, which cover VSAT and L-Band for cargo ships, and 3G/4G/LTE for rolling stocks. Therefore, Lanner presents a variety of virtualization-optimized solutions that can manage multi-network connectivity and integrate all communications within the transportation environment.
Maritime Integrated Network and Communications
Building an integrated network and communications platform in ship cargo for consolidating ship networks WAN optimization and network security in a 1U network appliance.
- Multiple WAN Management: Integrates VSAT with L-band satellite and mobile networks for more redundancy and reliability of connections.
- Virtualization-Ready: Builds a secure, virtualized network environment for independent and remotely managed virtual machines.
- High-performance: features multi-core processing prowess, sufficient random access memory and integrated network switch ports.
- Security as a Service: enables firewall functions as VMs with malware protection, website filtering, VPN data encryption and intrusion prevention
Multi-Network Connectivity for Mission-Critical Vehicles
Providing a reliable network platform in mission-critical vehicle with multiple network standards including 3G, 4G/LTE, Wi-Fi and WAN to assure unbreakable communications between vehicles and control centers.
- File Transfer in Remote Area: Bonding the bandwidth of multiple cellular services providers and stream video and transfer large files in remote areas with poor connectivity
- Robust Mobile Connectivity: Support failover links as backup plan for signal dead-point. Automatically switch to other service provider over the traffic routing and load-balancing if a network link is experiencing outage.
- Always-on VPN Network: Easily access to the HQ assets on the go as if the vehicle’s was on the local network
Integrated Communications for Metro Transportation
Working as a rugged in-train communication gateway to enable in-train control, WiFi sharing, infotainment and real-time communications from moving train to control center.
- Passenger Information: provide real-time contents such as departure times, local weather, news and other entertainment
- WiFi Sharing: provide passengers with the WiFi access for their entertainment or business purposes
- On-board Surveillance: Integrates multiple IP cameras to perform mobile video monitoring and streaming to control center
- Wayside Communication: facilitate traffic control and steam data from moving train to control center
R6S Rugged Platform for Railway Communication
- Intel® Core i7-7600U Processor, max 16GB memeory
- Compliant with EN50155 and EN50125-3 standard
- 8xPoE with M12 connectors
- 4 x Mini-PCIe slots with SIM card readers
- Wide range operating temperature from -40 to 70°C
- Rich I/O: 4 x USB 2.0, 2 x COM, DIO, Audio, VGA, DVI-D