Lanner is committed to protecting your personal data and being transparent about what information it holds. Lanner understands its obligations to help you understand how and why Lanner processes your personal data. This policy tells you about the why, what, how, and when in relation to Lanner’s collection and processing of your personal data.
PURPOSE AND BASIS OF LANNER’S COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect and process your personal data for purpose of performing our obligations under the applicable agreement and/or purchase agreement with you.
We will use the personal data collected from you for purpose of, upon your consent, providing you with updated news and marketing information on the products and services offered by Lanner. We also use your personal data to respond to you when you contact us.
TYPE OF DATA LANNER COLLECTS ABOUT YOU
The types of personal information we collect and process about you include:
- Your name and contact information (e.g., email, address, and phone number(s));
- Business information details such as information provided in the course of the contractual relationship between you and Lanner, or otherwise voluntarily provided by you;
- Information that is collected when you visit on of our website such as cookies;
- Persistent identifier such as a customer number or other information held in a cookie or IP address; and
- Other information alike that helps fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
- A “Cookie” is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device (such as desktop, laptop, tablet) when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. The information below explains the cookies we use on our website and why we use them:
- Cookies and similar technologies allow us to provide you with, for example, customized information from our Website and to make our Website more user-friendly through customer recognition, understanding and facilitation of the customer browsing and shopping behavior. This may include, for example, remembering your language selection so you don’t have to re-enter it every time you visit our Website.
- In addition, cookies allow us to understand which pages you have visited and to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. This enables us to improve our website apps to offer the best experience for you.
- Our website also employs cookies and similar technologies placed by our carefully selected third party partners, including but not limited to Google and Zoho SalesIQ, to manage our commercial relationship with those partners.
- You can enable or disable cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, to make full use of our website, cookies need to be enabled on your browser or device. If you choose not to allow cookies, you will not be able to browse parts of our website. Without cookies you will not be able to place an order as cookies are required for the ordering process to be completed. They help, for example, to remember which and how many items you have selected to purchase.
- We have a variety of pages on social networking sites. If you use these pages, the hosting sites may store cookies onto your device. We do not control the setting of, and have no liability in connection with these cookies. Please look at the third-party websites for more information about the cookies they use and how you can manage them. Please read the terms of the applicable application for more information.
- Lanner also provides links to external third party websites and you may choose to click through to these sites. If you do so, these third party sites may send cookies to your browser. We do not control the setting of, and have no liability in connection with, these cookies. Please look at the cookies policies on the respective websites for more information about what they do with cookies and how you can manage them.
- Below list includes cookies deployed by such third parties on our Website.
- Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers navigate to and through our Website. These cookies enable the function of Google analytics. This service helps us understand how long customers spend visiting different pages and how often they return to our Website. Google Analytics also helps our marketing colleagues to work out the effectiveness of our digital marketing campaigns. You can find out how to opt out of these cookies here:
- Zoho SalesIQ
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Lanner is required to disclose certain personal data collected from you to third parties e.g. email delivery service provider(s), we have chosen to support us for carrying out the purposes stated above.
- With your prior consent, we may share information about you for publicity and marketing purposes online, in print and on social media.
- We reassure you that, Lanner will not, under no circumstances, sell your personal data to third parties or permit third parties to sell the data we have shared with them.
1. Right to withdraw consent. Where Lanner is collecting or/and processing data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, however that you may not make full use of our websites if you withdraw your consents.
2. In addition, you have the right to:
- access your personal data;
- copy or transfer your personal data;
- demand rectification of incorrect or incomplete data;
- require deletion or removal of your personal data;
- request not to be subject to entirely automatic profiling algorithms;
- impose restriction on processing of your personal data; and
- object to the processing of your personal data based on grounds other than your express consent.
3. We may use automated processing with your personal data to allow us to provide you with service and product information that is most suited for your interests. If you are unhappy with the automated decision, you can contact us and request a manual review.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Lanner is committed to protecting the information you provide us. We take the information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Lanner will take great care in maintaining the security of your personal data and in preventing unauthorized access to it through the use of appropriate technology and internal safeguards. Your information is protected by controls designed to minimize loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions.
- We suggest that you do not share your password information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with others you should always choose to log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
- Except as otherwise required by applicable law, Lanner endeavors to retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for Lanner to fulfill the aforementioned purposes. After the data retention period, we will destroy or delete your personal information or make it anonymous such that it cannot be identified or traced back to you.
- If in the future we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that which it was collected, we will notify you of that purpose together with any other relevant information.
Lanner Electronics, Inc.
7F, 173 Datong Road Section 2,Xizhi District, New Taipei City 22184,Taiwan
Email: [email protected]