With the introduction of IoT with multiple vertical networks within the core network infrastructure, Mobile Edge Computing defines a set of requirements to roll out new services. Ultimately, processing, storage, media processing and security functions are being migrated to the edge for mobile deployments. As the deployment is aiming towards the mobile network, form factor, processing and storage capabilities are the key elements.
With its modular, high availbility design to meet the edge requirements, Lanner’s HTCA-6200 is a mobile edge computing platform optimized for network security, high speed switching and HD media processing.
2U Mobile Edge Computing Platform
- Carrier-grade NFVi-ready Appliance with NEBS Compliance Design
- 2x Computing Blades with 4x Intel® Xeon E5-2600 v3/v4 CPUs
- 2x Blade Slots, supporting switch blades or Ethernet blades
- Supports Switching Blade with Broadcom StrataXGS™ Trident-II
- N+1 Redundant PSU and 5x Swappable Fans